Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Living Room Latest

Well after stewing over tons of paint chips I finally found the chocolate brown I wanted. So I primered the wall behind the fireplace (and wall behind the love seat too, but ya can't see that in this pic) and painted! The fireplace looks even better w/ the darker color behind it. Although in the pics its hard to see the true colors. The sun didn't shine here today. We had 3.5 inches of rain. Crazy. Anyway...makes for terrible lighting when taking these pics. Those are actually big bundles of sticks on my fireplace. It's just hard to tell in the pic. I amgoing to take the saw to them and make 'em shorter. And my new area rug also came in! It is shag and I love it!!! Here is a peek at what it all looks like right now. I ordered a fireplace screen off of ebay last night so that will be glamming up the big hole very soon! It is black wrought iron! It is exactly what I wanted and it was the cheapest one! I am going to make some new curtains. I bought some material at Hancock's last week. But I am still brainstorming a little over those.

The old window above the fireplace I picked up at my favorite place.......the flea market. It has beautiful old leaded glass in it. It probably came out of some beautiful old big home.

3 comments:

  1. I like it. The dark wall does look nice. Walleta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! It looks great, Kate. You sure do have a knack for decorating. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, Kate!!! Can't wait to see it in person!! The rug looks awsome also!! Where did you get it at???

    ReplyDelete